We made it this far before we reached our first hiccup. The engineers decided that we did not have enough support in the first (garage) floor so we had to add a bunch of unfortunately placed support beams throughout the space. It all makes sense structurally but it really changes the functionality of the garage and the aesthetics of that side of the house, and not in a good way - we had to make a size and placement change of the garage door.
We are still working to finalize what we will do on that side of the house as far as doors, windows and staircases on the outside to make it look better. But, in the meantime were able to move forward with the slab.
We spent all day Monday at the house waiting on cement trucks. The kids were running barefoot and covered in dirt head to toe; they had the best day watching all the activity and playing.
9 cement trucks and 12 hours later, we have a slab!
My dad met us out there and was kind enough to bring the kids chocolate milk to toast to their new house.