Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Arkansas Trip

A few weeks ago, Sawyer and I took a trip to Arkansas to visit my Aunt, Uncle and cousins.  My mom had decided that she was going to make the 10 hour trip by herself, so we decided to meet her halfway in Dallas and make the second half of the trip with her.  And, last minute my dad was able to join too!

This was the first time that I flew by myself with Sawyer.  Times have changed.  Trying to figure out how to maneuver a suitcase, carseat, stroller, diaper bag, squirmy baby and myself presented quite the challenge!

Fortunately she was a very happy squirmy baby!  We left on a Thursday from school to catch our flight up to Dallas.

We had plans to do some shopping and go to dinner with Mimi, but the weather had other plans for us. After an almost 3 hour delay, we finally made it to Dallas.  Sawyer was exhausted!

Friday morning we woke up early to make the drive to Arkansas.  Sawyer did great in the car and slept most of the way...she did wake up in time to do some driving at the gas station, which she took very seriously.

Baby jean jackets...can't get enough.  We finally made it to Arkansas and Sawyer made fast friends with Holly...and their cat.

Their house has tons of windows and Sawyer was always crawling around staring out the windows at the cat.  Friday night we went to the Heritage High School football game to watch Brooke cheer and Forrest play.  Unfortunately it was FREEZING and kind of rainy, which wasn't the most baby friendly weather.  And, let's be honest, wasn't so Tara friendly either.

We spent the second half of the game listening to the game on the radio - which was also apparently the Forrest show.  Both Brooke and Forrest did awesome, and I am so glad we got to be there to see!  The rain continued all day Saturday so we did was so wonderful.  A lot of sleeping...

And a lot of eating...

The flash doesn't do great things for Sawyer's skin tone!!  If I knew anything about editing pictures or photography I could probably avoid that...but I don't.   So, she looks like a ghost with beautiful eyes.  We woke up early Sunday to make the trip back to Dallas.  Once we got back to Mimi's, Sawyer practiced taking care of her baby cousins coming in the next few days (C'mon Logan!!!) and months.

She still needs a little more practice..

But it was a good start =)  We had plans to wake up super early and fly back to Houston, but again our plans were changed.  I got the world's worst stomach bug, and managed to pass it along to everyone in site.  Brittany and Eric and Mimi were lifesavers Sunday night, taking care of Sawyer while I was in sad shape!

We finally made it back to Houston Monday afternoon after the longest 45 minute flight of my life.  It was a quick trip, but we had a great time (minus the sick part, obviously).  And, we were greeted by a clean house and homemade chicken noodle soup - which means we will be taking girls trips more often if that is what we get to come home to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.